It’s crucial to comprehend the procedures required to formally report your marriage, whether you’ve just gotten married or have plans for the future. The specific requirements for obtaining a marriage license vary by state, but they are all the same: both applicants must be in person, have full legal names ( both the bride and groom ) and their ages ( lower and over age 18 are permitted, depending on your state ), proof of residency ( such as an identity bill, passport, or state/federal Id), and either birth certificate or divorce decree, if applicable.

After you take your pledges, your priest signs the marriage certificate during the service. To receive your Extended diploma within 5 days of your marriage, you must take your completed certificate to the city clerk’s office for a “records space” appointment that you reserved in advance.

The recognized government archive of your marriage, your marriage license, serves as proof that you are wed. It contains details about the couple, such as their lawful title, the date and location of the bride, and the festival officiant. Some items, such as submitting it to the Social security administration to have your past name changed or filing combined duty returns, can be done with a certified copy of your relationship document. It might be necessary for additional legal paperwork and service as well as to get a pilot’s license.